of volunteering and sunlight

**sips lemon flavoured green tea**

this isn't going to be a long post, if it gets too long i'd break it into two

I spent my weekend volunteering and it was different. By the way, I am drinking green tea for the first time, as I type. I honestly don't know why I even bought it. It is also raining in my part of the sunshine state but that is cool.

Saturday morning was a little cold regardless I went out to start my Day 1 volunteering at a local art fest. It was different, well things are different here sigh, sometimes it gets to me and I have the why-am-I-doing-this or why-am-I-even-here moments. Day 2 was shorter
Anyway, I went and it didn't hurt to speak with other people. I also noticed all sorts of people

a lady was pleasantly surprised at the-black-girl, her eyes just had the 'wondering look'
some people just walk away
another lady was old and clearly wanted to pass time watching younger guys
the funny ones,
-the lady who wanted to make known that people's dogs were on the park grass, isn;t the park grass a dog-free zone? Well she told the wrong person. Chill out lady, let the sun give you some vitamins
-the lady who came to tell me in a stall i was watching that people outside were taking pictures of piece...she said 'i am just you know letting you know'
**my tea has gone cold**
Oh My Days!! some people just need a break from thick-living!

I met and spoke with an intensely creative artist, everyone oooo-ed and awwww-ed at his pieces

so many people were lovely, lovely, lovely. I also worked along side amazing people that actually made my two days count - R, B and T

BUT the Sun tho, trying to damage my natural glow and dry out my skin. Not having that, I have some refrigerated aloe vera I would use for a DIY face mask.

I stepped out of my comfort zone, it was worth it too

I started watching the new MTV Shuga Naija, hmmmm

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

drum rolls- 2009 ends in style

slackin me........n then the leech the tweet n new stuff

life is too short...